So many users all around the world often prefer to use the dark background on their laptop, phones or in their apps for various reasons. More and more apps and websites deciding to add dark mode functionality to their platforms and now, although resisted this trend for a relatively long time, you can enable this vision-saving dark mode on Facebook.
Thanks to this functionality, you can now browse Facebook in the dark mode on your Android phone, iPhone, iPad as well as in the regular web browser such as Chrome, Mozilla, Opera, Safari and others on your laptop.
Enable Facebook Dark Mode on Android phone, iPhone and iPad
There is the same way for all the mobile devices and tablets as the key setting can be found inside the app and not inside your phone’s settings.
- In your Facebook app, click on the so-called ‘hamburger’ ☰ menu at the bottom right-hand corner.
- Scroll down a bit to find and select Settings & Privacy section.
- At the bottom of the opened section, you will find the Dark mode option.
- You can then turn the Dark Mode on and off or let your phone adjust the Facebook’s background automatically depending on your current phone settings. This can be for example switching to the Facebook dark theme as soon as your phone switches to Night Shift (iOS) or Night mode (Android).
How to set dark mode (night shift) on my iPhone?
There are few simple steps to follow to setup dark mode/night shift on your iPhone or iPad.
- Go to your phone’s Settings.
- Select Display & Brightness
- Once opened, you will have multiple options to choose from. You can either choose Light or Dark mode permanently or let the phone switching them depending on Sunrise/Sunset or scheduled by a time (under Night Shift option).
Protect your eyes with healthy tip on iPhone:
In Night Shift settings, you are also able to change the warmth of colours of your display during the scheduled time.
It is very recommended to select warmer colours (white becomes yellow) during the night/low light conditions as it will help your eyes adjust and prevents them being sore from watching the screen for a longer period of time or all of the sudden (ie. morning alarm clock).
You won’t see any difference when the display colour changes after couple seconds as your eyes will adjust to the yellowish colour, seeing it as good as regular white.
How to enable Facebook Dark mode in your browser (PC, Laptop, Mac)
As well as for mobile devices, the process is the same for all browsers across all computer devices as the settings are actually changed inside Facebook itself.
Here’s how to turn the dark mode on in your browser:
- Go and log in to Facebook.com
- On the top right-hand side click on the small arrow facing down next to the Notifications to open the dropdown menu.
- Select Display Preferences
- Simply turn the Dark mode on or off